Walmart vs Amazon: which marketplace e-commerce platform is better for sellers? This is one of the few common questions that we often get from our clients. According to our experts, your choice of the right e-commerce platform, depends to a large extent, on your needs and ability to go through complex processes. We often advise our clients to go for both options. However, in case you’re pretty tight on budget, Walmart Marketplace may be the right place to start, as it requires little sales fees and free account registration.
If budget is not an issue, and you want a marketplace e-commerce platform that’ll provide you with ease of use, Amazon Marketplace is surely the better option. Apart from offering you easy onboarding, Amazon also provides third-party vendors with great online fulfillment services – a good example is Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA).
- What exactly is FBA?
- Is FBA effective enough to help improve your digital business?
Read on to discover what our experts at AWM Holdings want you to know about these marketplace e-commerce questions.
What exactly is online fulfillment on the Amazon Marketplace?
When it comes to investing in e-commerce, one important term you certainly need to get familiar with is “e-commerce or online fulfillment“. In case you don’t know, e-commerce fulfillment is a process of ensuring your customers’ orders get to them. This process can be divided into different stages, including receiving inventory, product storage & packing, and shipping orders.
If you’re only interested in selling on Amazon, you have a couple of options for conducting your e-commerce fulfillment services:
- In-house fulfillment requires you to store and ship orders to your customers directly from your business place. This option is ideal for starters who only have a low volume of products to sell.
- Multi-channel fulfillment solution will help you manage & fulfill orders across multiple e-commerce channels
- Third-party online fulfillment involves trusting your order fulfillment services in the hands of Amazon. A good example is FBA or Fulfillment by Amazon.
What exactly is FBA?
As you already know, FBA means online Fulfillment by Amazon. With this solution, you can always ship your inventory to any Amazon warehouse close to you at a competitive price. As soon as orders come from your buyers, Amazon will be responsible for handling every process until your customers get what they ordered.
FBA is the ideal solution if you’re interested in scaling your business and also managing your time wisely. This solution is also perfect and effective for you to attract more customers with quick delivery processes. This solution also comes with 24/7 customer service and an Amazon Prime badge.
Tips on how to start using FBA
As an Amazon seller, below are a few steps you can follow to start using online Fulfillment by Amazon:
- First, you’ll need to set up an account for FBA, known as the Amazon seller account. Of course, creating this type of account comes with a certain price, depending on the plan you opt for. For instance, with an individual selling plan, you’ll only be charged per item you list on Amazon. For a professional plan, however, the monthly flat fee is $39.99.
- After getting an account, you can always access FBA inside Seller Central.
- It’s pretty simple; first, you need to set up your account. After that, log in to your Seller Central and create a listing for your products. After that, set the listing to Fulfilled by Amazon.
- Once that’s settled, all you need is to prepare your products and ship them to the Amazon warehouse.
- To ship products, however, you need an FBA shipping plan. Once everything is set, you can go ahead and start selling on Amazon.
What benefits can FBA offer your digital business?
Online Fulfillment by Amazon can always help your business in many ways.
- For instance, with this solution, you can always manage your time while you let Amazon handle your orders, customer service, and returns.
- Furthermore, with FBA, you can also gain access to a broader Amazon customer base. This way, you can always drive more sales to your business.
- That’s not all; with online Fulfillment by Amazon, you’ll also get Amazon Prime Badge on your profile. This badge will let people know that Amazon handles a lot of processes in your business.
- FBA can also improve your SEO ranking on Amazon.
Why should you consider AWM?
Are you interested in getting started with using Amazon’s FBA? If yes, Automated Wealth Management (AWM) is a reliable firm you can trust today to provide you with guidance on how to get started.
AWM is a professional money management company. We have several years of experience and a team of experts who can help you manage everything relating to your e-commerce business for the best results. You can check our official website today to learn more about our marketplace e-commerce solutions.